Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time flies!

How quickly things have been moving for us! We had another AMAZING summer with Parker. I hate having to send him home to his Mommy's, because our house always feels so empty. Even with Drew now, I can't believe how quiet and boring the house is without that little ball of energy! We were able to get to the beach again, we went to the zoo, Justin was able to take him camping, and to an interactive children's museum... it was a packed summer!

As I mentioned in my last post, Drew failed his sleep study. Last week, he went in for his hearing tests. Apparently it is pretty common for children with PRS to lose hearing because of fluid build up. The test is 3 parts. In the first part, they insert an earpiece into his ear, and it does something to measure the timpanic motion of his eardrums when he hears noise. AKA, how much his eardrum vibrates. He got a big fat F in that department. Next, he sat in my lap with speakers on either side. The tech played different sound effects - soft and loud - to see if he looked to the correct speaker. Passed that with flying colors. Last, because he failed the first part, they put a scope with a camera into his ear canal to look at eardrum. He has massive fluid buildup in both ears, and when he has his palate surgery in December, he will have tubes placed in his ears to aid drainage, and prevent hearing damage. As of today at his 6 month appointment (holy crap!) he weights 18lbs and is 27inches long. He is transitioning into his crib from his Rock N Play, and from his infant carrier into a convertible car seat - Parker's. Which means Now its time to buy Parker a booster. They grow soooo fast!

Baby #3 is moving right along. I had my 17 weeks appt today, and it's heartbeat was strong in the 150s. I have lost 10lbs, and the Zofran still isn't working, but my doctors aren't concerned. Hey, I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight from Drew! Haha. We go in 2 weeks for the "bog" ultrasound, but do not plan on finding out if its a boy or girl.

Justin was transfered to a restaurant in DC, so he's kept very busy and I feel like I never get to see him anymore! On the plus, I might be able to go back to bartending one or two days a week now!

Well, I think thats all for now - hopefully I really WILL get better at updating! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment