Monday, September 27, 2010

Well, I clearly haven't gotten better at updating...

Holy mackeral, where does the time go?

Drew amazes me every day. He can tri-pod sit on his own for about 10 minute (one hand between his legs to hold him up), and sit unassisted for about 2-3 minutes. I think he could go longer, but he always laughs and waving his arms around, and loses his center of gravity. Then the face-plant happens. Which he also finds hilarious. He is also incredible mobile. He gets to where he needs to go! Mostly by rolling all around the room, but he can "army crawl" using his hands to drag the rest of his body along. That is much more tiring and not as fun as rolling, so its not used as often.

He is also obsessed with table food. Among the favorites are french fries, celery sticks, pickles, watermelon, and canteloupe. The fries are the only thing he can actual "eat" without teeth. The fruit goes into a mesh teether for him to mash and gnaw on his own time, and the celery sticks and pickles are fun to suck on. He is also IN LOVE with drinking out of cups. Not sippy-cups. "Grown-up" cups. And water bottles, and cans. If its in my hand, he wants it. And can do it! He still pretty much hates baby food. Because he can't do "tongue thrusts" with his adhesion, the food gets pushed up into his palate. He then sneezes, and well - pureed green beans end up on Mommy's last stain-free white tank top (ahem, today).

We found out that I have hyperthyroidism, which apparently isn't the most fun thing to have while pregnant. It accounts for my severe and continuing morning sickness (I'm at 19.5 weeks now, and still sick), my headaches, etc. I am going to see an endocrinologist next week to try and get on some meds or something to sort things out.

We also had our anatomy scan ultrasound last week. I really pushed to see if we could get a view of the palate, but unfortunately baby had other plans, and wouldn't cooperate. Because of that, and the thyroid issues, I go back in 4 weeks to check up.

I went in adamant that I was not going to find out if it was a boy or girl. Justin wanted to know, so we told the tech to write it down on a piece of paper. Baby would not cooperate, and after trying for the longest time, baby finally turned. Unfortunately, the tech did not tell me to look away, so I had a guess I kept to myself.

I asked Justin in car, and he asked what I thought. I told him I thought it was a girl, based on the picture. He wanted to know what made me think that. Well, honey - we saw a view from the butt between the legs - just like how we saw Drew's - only there was nothing there. Sure enough, he confirmed it.

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!! We could not be more excited! Adelaide Aileen will be here before you know it. I guess I won't be so "boy crazy" after all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment