Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Zoinks! Jinkies! ...and Scooby Snacks

Tummy time can go one of two ways in ths house. Either I put Drew on his little Buddha belly and he is giggly... or I lay him down and he screams like the world is coming to an abrupt end and he doesn't even get one last diaper change. How tragic for him.

So, I have been taking advantage of the boppy, since it missed out on the breastfeeding non-adventures. He likes the boppy, which is awesome. But for the last week... without fail... he has managed to ARMY CRAWL himself up over the boppy and like, a foot across the floor. It takes awhile, and usually ends with him frustrated... but seriously? He hasn't even rolled over yet! He's only 11 weeks! It is amazing to watch. He systematically wiggles one leg/arm, then the other. And he grunts and groans like a fat man in a pie eating contest the whole time too. But then... at the very end... he lifts up his head and smiles. My baby is a genius.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Afterwards I put him in his crack-swing, so I can get 45 minutes to pee, shower, and eat. I love baby crack. The swing, the tv, and our curtains rustling in a breeze (ok, rustling because the ceiing fan is on high) all fascinate him to no end. THANK YOU, ELECTRICITY!

He has also discovered his hands can DO things. Namely, pull out his oxygen and feeding tubes. Its gotten so bad we have started swadding him at night again. He also tries holding his bottle by himself. Which would be cute if he could. but he can't so he just gets angry.

AND, he is starting to sleep straigt through the night! I didn't get up with him at all from 11pm-8:45am last night! Yay for sleep!

In other news, Justin and I are very excited to say we have worked out our summer visitation and will be getting Parker from mid-July to the beginning of September. To prepare ourselves, I bought 2 new Scooby movies, a Scooby coloring book, and some "big kid" sippy cups. Yeah, as long as that little dude is around, its a Scooby-fest. He lives for Scooby. Or, as he calls him, "Booby-doo."

Ooops, I hear the call of my slave driver. AKA, Drew has woken up from the crack-swing induced nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment