Sunday, April 18, 2010

One week down!

Wow! The first week at home has FLOWN by. I cannot even believe it!

Justin and I are adjusting. Its weird, we went through a period after Drew was born where we were parents... but now that he's home, I'm a MOM. I don't know how to say the two are different, but they are. :)

Drew had a really good week. He's adjusting well, and gained a whole pound his first week home! YAY! We have also finally gotten everything we need from the medical supply company.

He had his first post-JHH pediatrician visit. He's doing well, and right on track. Yay!

Now, we've had such an incredibly difficult time with his machines at home. His apnea alarm goes off even when he is clearly breathing, his pulse ox isn't sensitive enough to pick up his respiratory rate, and forget me going out in public on my own. Four machines and a stroller? Yeah right. Justin and I went to the bank on Thursday, and even with the two of us, it was a joke.

Drew was also really constipated this week. Oh, that was a trial. He just yelled and yelled. Pedi said 1/2oz prune juie with 1/2oz water. You wouldn't (or maybe would) believe the opinions I have heard from other mothers about how babies aren't supposed to drink either. Its not like I'm giving him a bottle full! And besides, its what his DOCTOR said. So, shove it. He's finally pooing normally again, but is still really gassy. Hello, Mylicon!

In other news, its moving week! We will be out of our apartment on Thursday. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Big adjustments ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the first week went well! :) I can only imagine how hard it would be going out with all the machines. It will get easier, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone and their mother has a different opinion!

    ReplyDelete