Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whirlwind week!

Wow! So much has happened this week already, and its only Wednesday.

Drew's 2nd sleep study was Saturday night. When I got to the hospital Sunday, he was on oxygen. Apparently he had stopped breathing several times throughout the night. He is now to be on oxygen at all times :( This makes me sad, as we had been proud of the fact that he'd ony even been on "open air" but at least he's getting what he needs. Anywho, he obviously failed the study.

Easter was wonderful. Drew got 5 baskets! One from Mommy and Daddy, one from the Ronald McDonald House, one from Johns Hopkins, one from his roommates grandmother, and one from my godparents. Little dude is so spoiled! :)

Monday my godmother came to visit. We had a great time, and he loved the attention, as always :)

Tuesday we were taught on a babydoll how to insert his NG tube (feeding tube thru his nose). There was a cancellation, and he was able to get his 3rd sleep study done, to see how he did on oxygen.

Wednesday (today) we found out the preliminary results - he did much better! The oxygen really helps. It appears that on top of everything else, he has apnea. I got to insert the NG tube (really intense!) and get him all set up. We are being all set up to take him home with the feeding tube, and his own oxygen tank, and a pulse ox monitor. They should arrive tomorrow.

Best news?! He should be home tomorrow! YAYYYYYY!

Oh, and he's at 7lb15oz! Thats up 10oz from birth weight, and 15oz from his weight when he was admitted 3 weeks ago! LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine having to do the tube myself. It was hard to watch it done. You are so strong. I hope that Drew does come home tomorrow. He will continue to be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete