Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mooooooo!

So, my Mom drove me to Johns Hopkins this morning to see Drew. After a slight adventure (traffic, detours, and getting lost), we made it. I was armed for an overnight stay - laptop, change of clothes, breast pump, and a cooler jam-packed with frozen milk. I was prepared, and on top of the game - I was told we'd have enough milk to last until Monday, so what I brought today (enough for 20 feedings) would be icing on the cake!

So, imagine my surprise when I walk into the room, and see the bottle Justin had been feeding Drew that morning... a bottle full of FORMULA! Uhm, hello? My baby does NOT drink formula. Apparently they ran out last night. My teeny tiny man has jumped from 40ccs a feeding to 75! What a hungry hippo.

So how do I spend my day? I pump. That takes about 30 minutes. Then I feed Drew. That takes about 30 minutes. Then I burp him, and try and get him to fall asleep. Another 30 minutes. I pee, refill my drink, grab a few bites of food... and then I pump. Repeat whole process.

Moo.

No comments:

Post a Comment